Manchester City booked their place in the last eight of the FA Cup with a 3-0 win over Bristol City on Tuesday.
Pep Guardiola’s side went ahead in the first half thanks to a Phil Foden goal, before the England international doubled his own and City’s tallies after the break.
Midfielder Kevin de Bruyne then added a third with a long range strike late on, ensuring City progressed past their Championship opponents and into the quarter-finals.
Next up for City is a Premier League game against high-flying Newcastle United, although City could find themselves five points behind league leaders Arsenal by the time they kick off, if The Gunners beat Everton on Wednesday.
In the meantime, it has emerged that City have begun talks with one of their young stars over a proposed new deal.
According to 90min, The Citizens are ready to offer Rico Lewis a new deal, with the young full-back having impressed since breaking into the first team earlier this season.
Lewis, 18, made his debut for City against Bournemouth in August, and has now made 17 senior appearances for the club.
The teenager has benefitted from Joao Cancelo’s shock departure to Bayern Munich in January, starting four of City’s last seven league games.
He has also been used in midfield, though, with his versatility proving crucial to Guardiola in recent weeks.
The youngster’s current contract is due to expire next summer, which has prompted City to begin talks over an extension as they look to avoid losing him for free next year.
Lewis, an under-19 international, is said to currently be earning youth wages, although he is now in line for a significant pay increase following his emergence in the first team setup.
The player is said to be happy at City and there are therefore unlikely to be any obstacles during the talks.